pages



























Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thursday June 16th, 2011 Rainy day

Yesterday was rainy...which was fine by me. Needed a little rainy day relaxation. After a morning of reading, Selfish reasons to Have More Children (This was a DUD! Not at all what I expected-WASTE of time!) and finally finished Teach Your Own. Now that was totally worth my while, I didn't know much about John Holt, but wow...wow...now I need a good dose of him everyday-wish I would have had a teacher or parent like that! What a great homeschooling resource! I am aiming to finish How Children Fail tonight, another wow! I am nerdy like that, I really, really get into the sociology of these things...so interesting, and so informative!



Anyhoo...after reading this AM, and then driving around to pick up babies, Gretchen and I took a field trip to find a McDonalds (I needed a diet coke) and then came home to put babies to bed. Hmm, those little babies had different ideas...silly babies. After some coersion, twins went down but the Bean pod stayed up, so we broke the rules and watched Sesame Street. Oh Well!


There was a playmobil garage sale, boy those playmobil people (they were playing garage sale) set their prices high! I saw a cup and saucer for 250.00! To rich for my Celtic blood!

Chocolate chip cookies, yum.....


A nap? kinda...with an almost two year old poking my eyeballs...


And quite naturally, rainy afternoons, lead to lots of neighorhood children over, and when we all get together, what could be more fun than putting on plays! Lots of them! They made scenery and tickets and money. There were witches, and princessess, and ghosts, and dinosaurs, death(very long drawn out dramatic ones), potions, and oranges. Oranges? They needed a "trusty steed"- their imagination, not mine!



Dinner, spaghetti and chicken meatballs, simmered in the crockpot and we, er, they, performed the night away...



Check out the play pics in the next post!


Up to bed, finish How Children Fail...and keep doing everything possible so that mine don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment