pages



























Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday July 22nd, 2011 And so it goes...

Well, we have been back for a while...the beast pulled in the driveway late saturday night...home to a clean house (very rare, but i scrubbed and cleaned BEFORE we left) our own beds, and our very happy pets. When I get it together I will post some vacation pictures, because, we had a really good time...extrememly good time...
After church on sunday and great happiness of returning to THAT community of our belovedes in our church family, we came home to await the return of thing one and thing two (who stayed with another foster family while we were on vacation) They came home, not feeling well, but that's okay, we were glad to be back to our pod of nine! We snuggled and kissed, and napped, and they napped, and they had diarrhea, and they napped, and they had more diarrhea, and they had fevers, and they were cranky...hmm...so one of my least favorite activities on Monday morning-THE DOCTOR!!!
I triaged them and only took one, thing one, as he is the "oldest" (by like, five minutes) it was actually kind of nice taking him by myself as he was not feeling well, and snuggly! So an hour later we leave with a diagnosis of ringworm, contact dermatitis, and a viral infection. They did take a stool sample to check for Shigella, just in case. So back home...to more snuggles, fever, and diarrhea, lots of diarrhea. I chalk up thing two's condition to the same viral infection and keep changing diapers...
Then yesterday morning the phone rings, the test results for Thing ones stool came back, and...SALMONELLA! Salmonella? I thought you got that from eating like, raw chicken? Well, it was a big deal, the lady from the health department called, and we had to find the source of this-for once in my life, it was not me...now I say this because for all of my life, it is and has been, always me...but i got a break this time. We had to go through dates, and times, and places, etc...I think they found the infection spot, but not sure.
Essentially, we are under quarrantine, till this all settles-apparently the poop is like some andromeda stain toxic substance, material and we cannot let it leak, and have to wear gloves, and bleach the house with a 9:1 bleach water mixture...so, i'll let you know how it all turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment