pages



























Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday August 4th, 2011 lists

I went to Target last night with my six youngest...11, 9, 7, 1, 1, and 1-why you ask? Why on God's green earth would I do that? Wat was I thinking? I was not thinking, I was desperate to get out of the house. Unlike other families that have been able to go places, and be at the pool te past few weeks, we have not...because Mr. Salmonella had come to stay! But, alas, like all things good and bad, it has passed-hooray!!! So, off to Target. Upon arriving at the store I saw the signs everywhere-Back to School! -Stock up on supplies for school!-Check off your list here!, and so on. We laughed and joked about how we do not have to do that!!! Praise God!!!

But, we do need to make our lists...

I had not previously made these lists, but seen a lot of unschoolers and homeschoolers making them...

The lists of what we want to learn this year!!! Because, it IS up to us! We CAN choose!

So we, er...they did!

Dominic (in purple marker!)
Siinse (um, science and maybe, um...spelling?)
Kangaroos
pigins (pigeons)
oktupus
kawalus (koalas)
dollfins
Elechtricitee (electricity)
gartenning (gardening)
sperm wales
spanish
walrus
mat
how to make pie
manta rays
gar (alligator gars)

Gretchen (in blue marker)
Division
multiplication
gardening
China (country...not plates!)
Art
cooking
Dolphins
Africa
Science
Red Kangaroos

Haven (also in blue)
Planting plants (different from gardening?)
mythological creatures
beaches (YES!!! Field trip anyone?)
French
Commerson's Dolphins
Chemistry-beginners, like mixing, not blowing stuff up (those were her exact words!)
Greek Gods
Babysitting (really? hello?!)

Anyway, this was fun...i may need them to get a bit more specific. Science is a large category!!

Lists are done, health is returning, and my beloved and I are off to see Sir Paul McCartney in concert tonight-it's a date...with dinner and everything! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment