pages



























Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday August 11th, 2011 crazy!

Crazy...that is how I feel. I have been caught up in a crazy emotional up and down week-thankfully I had a good friend to join me there! We spent a lot of time texting and on the phone commiserating about the foster care system..we are both going through a lot of crazy up and downs with our fosters, and it is really tearing us apart-I think we both desire some normalcy, or rather, some permancy, of some sort. I really didn't mean to blog about foster care tonight, but apparently, I am. One of the hardest, I think, parts about foster care is the inability to make "plans" long term. Because I am OCD, natch, I am starting to think about the holidays...and it's hard to make these plans including the foster children. My friend and I were also longing for the days when we could actually go out and do things, like the zoo, or Kings Island, or the pool. I think we realize the toll this calling takes on our children! Sometimes, no matter how much you love your fosters, you just want to be your nuclear family for awhile.
Well, due to all these crazy feelings, I decided to turn the house upside down. Anyone who knows me knows that I am notorious for moving furniture and switching rooms around at whim. When my world is out of control, this truly helps me feel "in control" at home. So, today, like a mad woman, I switched around rooms. I guess it would help if I posted pictures, but it is too late for "before" pictures now!!!
I feel a little better now, still a lot of cleaning to do, but got some rearranging done. Home school starts soon, not sure when, but think we need to give it an official start here soon-kind of goes with the rhythym, the rhythym that we all crave...
As always, keep praying. Life is crazy now, babies are in limbo, emotions are running high, people are passionate about advocating for the little ones in their lives...there is only so much furniture that can be rearranged!

No comments:

Post a Comment